Apple and Cream Cheese Crepes
(Makes four 12″ Hungarian crepes)
- 2 large apples
- 2 Tsp brown sugar
- 8 Tsp apple butter (separated)
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 Tsp of butter (separated)
- 1/2 tsp vanilaa
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbs powdered sugar
- Splash lemon juice
- Mix the apples, lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Melt three tablespoons of the butter in a small saute pan.
- Saute the apple mixture for about ten minutes or until tender.
- Add four tablespoons of apple butter to the apple mixture and cook on low for another one to two minutes. Keep warm adding a little water if it becomes too thick.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until well incorporated.
- Add the remaining four tablespoons of apple butter and mix well.
- Make four Alamarra Hungarian crepes according to the package directions.
- Place some of the cream cheese mixture down the center of each crepe. Leave enough to put a small dollop on top of each crepe.
- Top the cream cheese mixture with the apple mixture. Leave a small amount of the apple mixture to top the crepe.
- Fold the crepes to desired presentation and top with remaining apple and cream cheese mixtures.
- Crepes can also be garnished with walnuts, pecans or a dusting of powdered sugar.