Chorizo and Mushroom Crepe
(Makes four 12″ Original Style crepes)
- 2 Tsp oil
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 Pkg baby bella sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack or monterey jack cheese
- 1 container queso blanco dip, store bought
- Remove sausage from casing and brown in oil breaking up as it cooks.
- Drain and remove the sausage saving about 2-3 tablespoons of drippings.
- Cook the onion in the drippings until soft but do not brown.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook about one minute more. Do not brown garlic.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tender stirring occasionally.
- Gently fold the cooked sausage into the mushroom mixture.
- Make four Alamarra Original crepes according to the package instructions.
- Spread approximately three tablespoons of the queso dip on the crepes. Save some for the top of the crepes.
- Place sausage mixture on top of queso.
- Top with the sausage mixture with a mixture of the shredded cheeses.
- Fold the crepes to desired presentation and top with queso, heat if necessary, and shredded cheeses.